Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Random sayings and wonderings

I always see these two really old and worn down pennies in the grass and gravel mixture by my garage. I think of the old saying "see a penny pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck." I don't know where that saying came from originally, but for me, it came from the movie musical Grease. Marty picked it up and gave it to Kenickie, he dropped it, bent down to pick it up and then Danny Zuko opened the car down and accidentally knocked him out, thus proving this saying has no validity. I used to pick up pennies, but usually nothing good nor bad happened. They're always no different than any other days, so I stopped picking them up. My guess is that someone back in the early 1900s (as this saying seems about that old), picked up a penny and that very day, he met his future wife, then promptly stumbled upon gold in a creek somewhere and became that times version of a millionaire...all in one day. So, he said it was the penny, and thus the saying began.
Speaking of money, how much change should one have to throw in a wishing well or fountain at a mall, till their wish comes true? Or how many birthday candles must one blow out? Maybe I'm missing out on the shooting star market, and therein lies my problem. Or maybe my wish isn't specific enough. Maybe I need to be giving a date to which this wish will come true...December 31, 2012. There we go.
There are many other "sayings" or "questions" without answers, that I like to contemplate on or wonder about. One being- "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it fall, does it make a sound?" To me that's a dumb question because of course it makes a sound! Just because there is no HUMAN there to hear it, doesn't mean there isn't a bunny rabbit or bird that hears it and inevitably runs away from harm upon hearing that bark break. What a silly question.
I was in the shower the other night and thought of another one. Maybe there is an answer to it, but I'm not willing to do the research, so I'm just gonna wonder about it. If they make baby shampoo called "no tears" meaning that it can get in the baby's eyes and it won't sting...then why don't they put that same ingredient into adult shampoos? As I was rinsing my burning eyes out from my shampoo, I was pondering this. Is adult shampoo too potent and baby shampoo just basically water?? Maybe babies heads don't get as dirty as adults, since they don't have all that hair to soak in all those germs...I don't know. Either way, I wish they could bottle that ingredient into adult shampoo...because it's a little annoying. It makes me think I'm washing my hair with some kind of poison, since it burns my eyes.
Anywho. I'm sure there's more, but that's all for right now. Catch ya on the flipside. Catch who on the side of what?? haha

No comments:

Post a Comment