Monday, September 24, 2012

Questions and Poems..and Poems about Questions

I've said before that I'm not looking for advice on these blogs or comments telling me what to do. If it's positive feedback, that's dandy. I like the "if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all," philosophy. I wish the millions of people on Facebook lived by that rule. People can be SO harsh to total strangers. Not me.
But this is the ONE time I'm gonna ask for advice or suggestions, is more like it. Particularly to this one question:
How do I fulfill a need to be held, without a significant other? (and body pillow is not a suitable suggestion). Yoga, massages, kissing my own arm, hugging myself, hugging babies, getting a hug from a friend once in a blue moon, are all things I've tried and do not work. Mostly, I'm joking, because there is no answer to this question. Human contact cannot be substituted for anything else on this planet. I have more questions but that's a start...

Poem: Questions, questions, BIG and small.
           Questions, questions, how do I answer them all?
           Are you real? Do you exist? And when will I get my next kiss?
           If God is listening then why don't I have someone to love?
           Someone to play with and call honey dove?
           If God truly loves me, then share some of that love, by giving me a partner, a lover, a hug.
           What is next for me? Where will I go? Who will I meet? And who will I show?
           ...all the love in my heart, for this mystery person.
           This maker of passion. This well-rounded...Christian*

*ahh! close enough, right? Rhyming is hard! ;o)

Here's a Poem I wrote under this here bridge in Cheyenne Mountain Park in Colorado Springs, CO:



 
 
 
And this is where I wrote it: Aptly titled- "The Troll under the Bridge" (sorry I was feeling a bit trolly that day) :op
 
 

 
 
 

 
 

I'm a troll under a bridge. No one sees me unless they need something from me. No one wants to deal with me. No one wants to be my friend. I'm an ugly troll. I'm a nuisance to all that come in contact with me. I hide from you, people of the world. I'm safe and unbothered under the bridge. I'm in my world, where the water flows constantly and where I'm kept company by that which is smaller than me, but is not afraid of me. My friends come and go but they never have to cross the bridge to be with me. They join me underneath. Where I am. Where I want to be. Where I am safe and sound from the things of the world that scare me, that worry me, the things and people that I don't understand and don't understand me. Maybe one day someone will join me under the bridge or take my hand and pull me out from under the bridge. Show me what else there is. The parts that aren't scary. The parts that are rainbows and blue skies. The parts that can make me happy. Maybe one day I will experience what my life could be and what the world could offer me. Out from under this bridge.
 
 
So that's it for now. A little poem-age for ya. What's next on the list? Whatever tickles my fancy. Maybe when I see "The perks of being a wallflower" this weekend, something will spark me from that. Which reminds me, I need to go buy the book and read it before the weekend...
 
I leave you with probably THE best poem/song of all time: Taught to us by Sheldon, from "The Big Bang theory."
"Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr." Now didn't that make you happy?? Now sing it in a round with your roomie! :op
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment